Acupuncture is the insertion of ultra-thin needles into the skin and muscle at specific points on the body.
Through the stimulation of these points, acupuncture can treat a variety of physical and emotional conditions by restoring normal function and balance to the various body systems. Treatments are based on Chinese medicine theory, diagnosis, and practice, a system of medicine that has been developed and practiced for over 2,000 years.
How acupuncture can help you:
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine is incredibly versatile and has been shown to treat a wide range of health concerns.
- Relieve body aches, pain, and tension: reduce tension and discomfort, reduce joint swelling and inflammation, promote healing from injuries and surgeries
- Lessen anxiety, depression, stress, and insomnia: calm the nervous system, help regulate and release emotions, promote a calm mind and spirit, improve quality of sleep
- Improve headache symptoms: reduce the severity, frequency, and intensity of tension headaches and migraines
- Enhance digestion: promote regular bowel movements, reduce abdominal pain and discomfort, reduce nausea, indigestion, bloating, and gas
- Reduce cold symptoms, manage asthma and allergies: reduce sinus and chest congestion, lessen coughing and wheezing, support healthy lung function, support the immune system
- Treat skin conditions: reduce severity and frequency of skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, eczema flare-ups, improve skin texture and tone. Interested in acupuncture for skin care? Check out our Facial Rejuvenation services.
- Support reproductive and sexual health: promote regular menstrual cycles, address OBGYN conditions, reduce PMS and menstrual cramping, reduce menopausal symptoms, regulate libido, support sexual function
- Pregnancy and post-partum support: promote a healthy pregnancy, help prepare for labor, support recovery post-partum, promote breast milk production and flow
- Manage complex and chronic health conditions: support the physical and emotional experience of living with ongoing health concerns
- Support maintenance care and prevention: enhance general wellness, improve energy levels, help prevent the aggravation of old symptoms and the development of new symptoms
Acupuncture can treat the symptoms you currently experience to help you feel better now, and address the root causes to promote wellbeing and prevent symptoms in the future.
We know what it’s like to feel frustrated by what may seem like a totally random assortment of symptoms. The beauty of Chinese medicine is that we look at your whole self - body, mind, and spirit - to find the connections. After an in-depth discussion with you about your health concerns, our goal is to find the golden thread running through your constellation of symptoms, what we acupuncturists call a “pattern diagnosis”.
This approach allows us to address multiple concerns at the same time; for example, insomnia and digestive problems, back pain and migraines, anxiety and menstrual cramps. In addition to acupuncture, we may also use cupping or Tui Na, energy medicine, or suggest food therapy or herbs. Because your body - and your experience of living in it - is ever-changing and dynamic, the treatments can change and adapt right along with you. We are here to support you every step of the way.
Want a treatment but aren’t comfortable with needles?
No needles, no problem. We have experience treating patients of all ages with a unique and effective combination of needle-free approaches. Acupressure, tuning forks, magnets, energy medicine, laser therapy, stone medicine, bodywork - we can work together to find the right combination of modalities that works for you.
Want to know what happens in a private acupuncture appointment?
Check out this helpful blog post for the full scoop!
Specialty Acupuncture Services
In addition to our regular acupuncture appointments, we are excited to offer these speciality services at the clinic.
Facial Rejuvenation promotes vibrancy from the inside out, improving the complexion while promoting whole-self well-being through a specialized combination of facial and body acupuncture, gentle facial massage and cupping, and lifestyle recommendations. Interested? Click to learn more and to book.
Pediatric Acupoint therapy
Pediatric Acupoint Therapy is an integrative approach to wellness for babies, children, and teens, utilizing a wide range of gentle needle and needle-free treatments. Children of all ages respond well to treatments for childhood illnesses, behavioral concerns, anxiety, sleep issues, digestive problems, and more. Click to learn more and to book.